Salam School is an Islamic school located in the city of Milwaukee in the state of Wisconsin, USA. Salam School dedicates itself to quality academic education in an Islamic environment. Our school helps shape the children's first and lasting ideas about themselves, their religion, their country, their culture, and the world. It helps preserve their American Muslim identity, gives structure, substance, and meaning to basic knowledge, and encourages our children to develop a love for life long learning. Our school's mission is crucial to the growth of Islam, especially in the development of our "Future Leaders" and continuity of our traditions.
Salam School is an Islamic educational institution adhering to the tenets of the Qu’ran and Sunnah, truly believing that Allah is God, the one and only (Qu’ran112.1). There is no God but HE…. The Subsisting and Eternal (Qu’ran 2.255). Salam School dedicates itself to quality academic education in an Islamic environment. Salam School welcomes and respects students from all religious, economic and cultural backgrounds.
By empowering our students to achieve Islamic and academic excellence. Salam School seeks to develop citizens who embody the spirit of Islam and strive to improve their society through faith, perseverance and service to others.
Men and Women are Allah's trustees on earth, endowed with a soul, free will and intelligence. By Allah's mercy, we are called to seek inward and outward peace through submission to His will. Our submission is not limited to acts of worship performed solely for Allah, but involves relationship with all creation and thus all humanity. We, therefore, are commanded to use our intelligence to study and ponder creation with all its complexity and beauty and to educate all persons, starting with ourselves, about the message of Allah, the oneness of humanity, respect for self and others and accountability for our actions.
The goals for Salam School are based on the Mission Statement, and are organized in the following areas:
· To teach the basic tenets of Islam.
· To teach responsibility for one’s own action.
· To provide the opportunity to share and practice the Muslim faith.
· To understand the role of the family.
· To model respect for self and others.
· To maintain an environment nurturing a positive Muslim self-image.
· To teach an appreciation for cultural and racial diversity.
· To teach citizenship and one’s responsibility to others.
· To embrace our role as American Muslims.
· To understand and develop our role as global citizens.
· To strive for an excellent educational program that provides for the spiritual and academic needs of each child.
· To strive for an environment that includes a wide range of exploratory and socializing experiences and activities for all children.
· To teach basic skills and competency in accordance with each child’s ability and Islam
· To develop an aesthetic appreciation of the world.
· To develop technology as a tool for learning.
· To provide programs which will encourage the development of healthy minds and bodies.
· To provide each child with the opportunity to participate in extracurricular and sports activities.